building kio on Mac

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Sat Jun 6 20:12:24 BST 2015

Alex's memory is correct. We can solve this in one of two ways:

1) Patching Qt's QStandardPaths, we tried that and it didn't seem to
get anywhere.
2) Using Qt's QstandardPaths when we build and install KDE software.
This is the approach I've taken locally and seems to work. I think
this is what is being done on the CI system also. The idea is to put
data files in either /Library/Application Support/foo or
$HOME/Library/Application Support/foo. Locally I'm using
/Users/jeremy/Library/Application Support by adding
-DKDE_INSTALL_DATADIR="/Users/jeremy/Library/Application Support"

in the cmake-options in my .kdesrc-buildrc file.

One of the reasons I'm not installing into /Library/Application
Support is to not require sudo. I believe macports itself has policies
of not installing to either of these paths though, so it's not a
proper solution for macports I guess.

BR,
Jeremy