Adding kross-interpreters to KDE Applications 15.08

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:41:38 BST 2015

> El Dijous, 9 de juliol de 2015, a les 05:23:27, Alexander Potashev va
> escriure:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to request addition of the Qt5/KF5 port of
>> kross-interpreters [1] into KDE Applications 15.08.x.
>
> Are they co-installable with the ones we shipped in the KDE SC 4 series?

Albert,

The new krosspython installs only one file krosspython.so into
${KDE_INSTALL_PLUGINDIR}. It might depend on the distro, but here on
Gentoo two versions of krosspython.so go into different locations:
 - /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/krosspython.so
 - /usr/lib/kde4/krosspython.so

kross-interpreters is probably at the same level of co-installability
as kdelibs4 and KF5::Kross, because KF5::Kross contains krossqts.so
(plugin for QtScript support), ... except for installation path being
${KDE_INSTALL_QTPLUGINDIR} for krossqts.so.

What is the difference between KDE_INSTALL_QTPLUGINDIR and
KDE_INSTALL_PLUGINDIR?

--
Alexander Potashev