Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Jan 31 20:34:40 GMT 2015

On 01/31/2015 09:25 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> In short, Qt uses gerrit is a bogus argument in favor of gerrit.

The argument isn't so much that gerrit is working well
for Qt, but more that there's a certain simplicity in
using the same tooling across the KDE/Qt stack, and
that KDE benefits from having more KDE people active in
Qt. But I actually find contributing to Qt pretty frus-
trating (the infra is flaky, the process tends to break
down here and there, and I sometimes have to step out-
side gerrit and side-channel via email to get things
moving again), yeah.

It's one bullet from a long mail that addresses many
other points, though ... I agree that the KDE community
has concerns and ambitions unrelated to its relation-
ship with Qt and a broader activity scope than the Qt
project, and our tooling needs to be evaluated in that
broader context.

> Boudewijn

Cheers,
Eike