Feature matrix for future infrastructure

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Jan 30 17:59:27 GMT 2015

On Thursday 29 January 2015 22:02:15 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2015 12:54:25 CET, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> > On Thursday, 29 January 2015 12:49:17 CEST, Christoph Feck wrote:
> >> If it even allows to edit a change request from a different
> >> person online, then I *want that*. I find it much more time
> >> consuming and demotivating to nitpick small style/whitespace
> >> changes, than to simply edit them out.
> >
> > Yes, it works like that.
>
> GREAT! =)
> Though, if my findings are correct, this could be even better.
>
> In theory, it should be enough to put a personal astyle rc into the repo
> and have some CI hook automatically "fix" the patch (and note that with a
> random comment that would indicate some human should take another look and
> also direct the submitter to, say, the kdelibs coding style definition)
>
> Is that correct as well?

Sadly, no tool, not even clang-format, is currently good enough at handling
this situation. I researched it multiple times for KDevelop, but all tools
have issues somewhere. Most of them with macros (like Q_OBJECT) or such.
Hence, it's not really feasible to use a script to fixup stuff automatically
without human intervention, or at least custom human review.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de