libkgeomap

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Fri Jan 30 10:40:36 GMT 2015

Gilles Caulier wrote:

[backports from libs]
> false. When it's possible we do it, when time permit.

Speaking with my distro hat on, I argue that when we have to do that
ourselves the process is made more complicated because most digikam-related
repos don't have tags for releases (or betas):

$ cd libkgeomap/
$ git tag

... and no tags anywhere. This makes hard to tell at which point in time
(save looking through the commit history) commits appeared relative to the
last release (or beta).

It would make the packagers' job a little easier (and also, it would help
wrt repo organization, IMO), if each release / beta release would also be
tagged in git. There are already scripts for it, see the ones used to
release Applications, the Frameworks scripts, or the ones used by the Plasma
team.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter