Sysadmin report on the modernization of our infrastructure

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jan 22 14:52:33 GMT 2015

On Wednesday 21 January 2015 17:12:07 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As promised in the earlier thread, i'd like to present the sysadmin
> report on the state of the infrastructure surrounding our code.
>
> It contains a detailed summary of what is broken with our existing
> systems, why change is necessary and an evaluation of the options we
> considered. We have also made a proposal based on our evaluations and
> the wishlist of functionality drawn up the community.
>
> Please find it attached - and let us know what you think. Feedback is
> welcome.

Another question regarding Phabricator:

Currently, Chili offers a very nice tree structure of projects, which follows
our KDE structure with frameworks, playground, extragear etc. pp. - nice!

Can Phabricator do the same? I assumed so, from the fact that you hinted at it
being able to generate the metadata XML file which is used by kdesrc-build to
replicate the tree structure e.g.

But https://showoff.phab.io/project/ only shows a list of projects. Same for
https://showoff.phab.io/diffusion/. I tried to create a new project and a new
repository, and could not figure out how to create a tree with it.

Bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de