Sysadmin report on the modernization of our infrastructure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Jan 21 04:12:07 GMT 2015

Hi all,

As promised in the earlier thread, i'd like to present the sysadmin
report on the state of the infrastructure surrounding our code.

It contains a detailed summary of what is broken with our existing
systems, why change is necessary and an evaluation of the options we
considered. We have also made a proposal based on our evaluations and
the wishlist of functionality drawn up the community.

Please find it attached - and let us know what you think. Feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin