Adding experimental parts to a KF5 library

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sat Jan 10 09:24:35 GMT 2015

> The C++ committee uses (for example)
> std::experimental::something

I was thinking about something along these lines as well.

> say it's a "technology preview"

Both would be ok I guess, the only problem I see with TP is that is
one does not read the README, it might be missed.

I'd propose to go for:
- experimental namespace to force the user to see that something is not stable
- 0 soversion to show that the library has no stable ABI.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard