Fwd: Plasma 5.2 bits for kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jan 7 19:31:57 GMT 2015

El Dimecres, 7 de gener de 2015, a les 11:57:57, Jonathan Riddell va escriure:
> On 6 January 2015 at 15:23, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
> > Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> > > Updates on this..
> > >
> > > I plan to ask for Bluedevil and libbluedevil, libkscreen and kscreen,
> > > libmm-qt and ksshaskpass to be moved. I see some comments that the
> > > libraries may be used outside of Plasma but there's no problem with
> > > that happening, they don't quality for frameworks and they already get
> > > released with Plasma so it's just an update in projects.kde.org
> >
> > That's the same point as baloo, discussed on kde-frameworks-devel right
> > now, then.
> >
> > I still disagree, from a logical point of view those libraries could be
> > needed
> > both for Applications and Plasma "products". As you said they are not
> > frameworks, and I still think we need to investigate how to place this
> > kind of
> > libraries. If you don't want to depend on libraries on extragear-libs,
> > maybe a
> > new module? Again, it's the same as the baloo placement problem IMHO.
>
> Neither libkscreen nor libbluedevil not libmm-qt are used by anything
> outside Plasma currently.
>
> libkscreen and libmm-qt are already being released with Plasma so this just
> makes projects.kde.org match reality.
>
> Albert has said he's fine with KDE Applications depending on Plasma (I
> think)
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2015-January/021332.html

I said "I'm fine with KDE Applications depending on Plasma to improve
workpsace integration" or something like that.

BUT libkscreen and libmm-qt don't seem workpsace-integration-improvement-libs
to me but basic libs to access system stuff.

Besides that's my opinion ;)

Cheers,
  Albert