Changes to our Git infrastructure

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jan 5 21:58:43 GMT 2015

On Mon, 5 Jan 2015, Thomas Lübking wrote:

> I don't think this is a problem w/ RB.
> When RRs get on k-c-d, many devs who can provide an abstract review are
> addressed. They can take /this/ load from the actual maintainer/main
> developer.

For me, personally, RB's mails are even worse. They are unreadable in
pine, which I am currently using while figuring out how to transfer my
mail reading to thunderbird. And I get way too many copies of one mail,
too.

(Same problem with this thread, or rather mailing list. Why the heck do I
need to get two copies of every reply to a mail of mine... One is
_enough_. And yes, I know about the whole reply-to-mangling-is-dangerous
lunacy.)

> I don't think this is a problem w/ RB.
> When RRs get on k-c-d, many devs who can provide an abstract review are
> addressed. They can take /this/ load from the actual maintainer/main
> developer.

Reviewboard isn't limited to kde-core-devel. And it doesn't answer my main
complaint: reviewboard, by its design, is made to whine about whitespace,
extra white at the end of lines and other one-line complaints. It gives
the reviewer a happy feeling of a job well-done, and the submitter a cold
shower. It's the kind of interaction RB encourages. And no, I don't
currently know of a better tool, but that doesn't mean the problems aren't
there.

Boud