Changes to our Git infrastructure

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 21:37:09 GMT 2015

El Dilluns, 5 de gener de 2015, a les 22:26:24, Boudewijn Rempt va escriure:
> Well, _obviously_ reviewboard supports raising issues and adding comments
> , but neither facilitates actual conversation, i.e. discussion on what's
> up with a particular patch at a deeper level.
>
> In short, what I meant is that as a tool to dicuss code changes,
> Reviewboard is a poor thing. It facilitates nit-picking, which is
> off-putting and useless, but at least gives the reviewer the feeling he's
> done his job, while it fails at making it easy to discuss the why,
> wherefore and how of a particular change.

Well, how would you want to have a proper discussion then?
What's your desired workflow/UI for it?
I see what you mean, but to me it seems more a misuse of the tool by the
community, not a fault of the tool itself.

Cheers,
  Albert