Changes to our Git infrastructure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 05:05:33 GMT 2015

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 03 January 2015 15:35:12 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>> > - Not needing a CLI tool in an "obscure language" (PHP, Java,
>> > .NET,...).
>>
>> .NET is a framework, not a language. Maybe you meant C#. Regardless, I
>> fail to see how any of those are "obscure". They're three of the most
>> popular and widespread languages in the world.
>
> For command-line applications on Linux?

We're now extremely far off topic. Let's get it back on topic here please.

Ease of installation and it's the availability of the necessary
interpreters within mainstream distributions should be more than
sufficient criteria here. Limiting it by any other criteria is playing
pure favouritism to a given set of language(s) and unnecessarily
limits our options.

> --
>    Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
>       PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
>       E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Regards,
Ben