libkgeomap

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 22:23:16 GMT 2015

> El Diumenge, 21 de desembre de 2014, a les 19:39:27, Tobias Leupold va
> escriure:
>> Am Sonntag 21 Dezember 2014, 19:27:48 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>> > Hmmmm, i understand you're the only user at the moment, but how is
>> >
>> > ********
>> > libkgeomap is a wrapper between marble for local map, OpenStreetMap,
>> > and GoogleMaps, to display geolocated items place over a world map.
>> >
>> > A widget is provided, and collection of tools to process :
>> >
>> > - Reverse Geocoding,
>> > - Tracks management,
>> > - Selection over map to process searches.
>> > *********
>> >
>> > Photo Management related?
>>
>> We use it to display the location(s) where (a) photo(s) has/have been taken.
>> It helps tagging photos, and later, you can "simply" see that place when
>> viewing a photo.
>
> That's what you use it for, but can I use it to show the places my bank has
> offices?

I'm not sure to understand...

Typically, libkgeomap don't care about files to manage. It's item to
geolocalize.

In digiKam we have a small interface to wrap libkgeomap with image
geolocation stored in database. The real link between GPS info to
display over the map and image/Video are done here.

So, you can wrap your main data to geolocalize by the same way.
libkgeompa do care about data which will store GPS info.

Gilles Caulier