kio-extras

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Feb 27 01:01:17 GMT 2015

El Dijous, 26 de febrer de 2015, a les 08:56:26, David Faure va escriure:
> On Thursday 26 February 2015 01:02:04 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Really it has to be either part of KIO or another framework, i mean, if
> > you're  using the desktop only (and no apps) you're also going to need it.
>
> Can you expand on why "you are going to need it"?
>
> I install workspace only. OK, I have a workspace.
> It works, but it has limited functionality obviously.
> No calculator -> I install kcalc
> No text editor -> I install kwrite
> No file manager -> I install dolphin
> No support for sftp or thumbnails in dolphin -> I install kio-extras.
>
> (of course this is written as a compiling-from-scratch type setup, in
> practice the binary package for dolphin would bring it in as a dependency)
>
> Ah. Is this about kio_desktop? That one should *definitely* be in workspace.
> But it doesn't have to be in kio-extras.

Honestly I don't care, i fail to see why you want kio-extras in apps instead
of frameworks while frameworksintegration is a framework and not an app or a
desktop thing, but let's not discuss about technicalities.

Anyway, If you want kio-extras in apps, someone needs to make sure it works,
and if you want it in KDE Applications 15.04 someone needs to request an
exception since Feature Freeze was yesterday.

Cheers,
  Albert