kio-extras

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Feb 26 00:02:04 GMT 2015

El Dimecres, 25 de febrer de 2015, a les 09:02:17, David Faure va escriure:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2015 19:56:15 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Dijous, 22 de gener de 2015, a les 10:42:07, Jonathan Riddell va
>
> escriure:
> > > kio-extras is currently released part of Plasma 5.  It's need said
> > > that it would be better to be part of applications because they're
> > > plugins used by applications and typically not by the desktop.  With
> > > Plasma 5.2 about to go out shall I ask for kio-extras to be moved and
> > > if so into which module?
> >
> > Why does even such a module as kio-extras exist, isn't the purpose of
> > frameworks effort that frameworks are containerized, i.e. you get all you
> > need just by downloading the framework?
>
> Well the question is whether "all you need" includes 50 kioslaves.
> It depends on the need. Not all KIO users need 50 kioslaves.
> In fact when I deployed recently for a company, they didn't even need half
> of the ones that are already in kio.
>
> I think kio-extras makes sense (especially since it brings other
> dependencies, not just "more code"). I just think it should be either a
> framework or treated like an app, but definitely not a workspace thing.

Really it has to be either part of KIO or another framework, i mean, if you're
using the desktop only (and no apps) you're also going to need it.

So if i can't convince you that it being in KIO is the more sane way let's
make it a framework for the next release?

Cheers,
  Albert