plasma-mediacenter in kdereview from extragear

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:32:04 GMT 2015

Hello,

Fixed in http://commits.kde.org/plasma-mediacenter/b17c88d0a7cc6499294e872f5217012e21ba3ac9

> - music and video icon are black on black

Discussed with Ken, Probably will need artwork or way to enforce icon theme

> - crashes, at times, probably a baloo issue, will discuss with vishesh
> - doesn't show any music or videos for me, probably a baloo issue

I will add some more debug messages for this, so maybe we can find out
whats going on wrong.

> - needs git plasma-workspace for login to work, cmake should tell me this

current plasma-workspace git version will be shipped with plasma 5.3
so I think this is fine when it will be released, also commit that
introduced this dep already mentions the required plasma-workspace
commit

commit 451eceffaf4a1c06e162dc629bb5fc945e40ae73
Author: Bhushan Shah <bhush94 at gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Feb 17 22:50:08 2015 +0530

   Install session file for pmc

   For that session file to work it will require recent plasma-workspace
   with commit 77112d402e3c22311dd2d70f9d2b264d1465cf03

> - it uses qml bindings from qtmultimedia (from qt5) which uses gstreamer 0.10.  gstreamer 0.10 is old and distros are dropping support for it, in Ubuntu we dropped the libav plugin so it can't play many file formats.  maybe one day phonon will have qml bindings.  it also leads to issues where some other part of Plasma uses phonon which uses gstreamer 1.0 so it loads libraries with clashing symbols.  this is all known and is mostly sad.

I can not do anything for it.. :-(

> - there's no user docs, I don't know if this is still a requirement for inclusion, I don't think they get used much so I don't think it should be

We can add the user documents later on..
http://developer.kde.org/~cfeck/portingstatus.html also mentions about
that.

Thanks for your review

--