KDiagram libs (KChart, KGantt) in KDE Review

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Feb 17 23:50:10 GMT 2015

Am Dienstag, 17. Februar 2015, 23:07:07 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Diumenge, 8 de febrer de 2015, a les 00:29:26, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Calligra, Massif-Visualizer, KMyMoney (and perhaps more) make use of
> > KDAB's
> > nice offer of their KDChart in the GPLv2 licensing variant. But as there
> > are no real public releases of KDChart, all the projects have copied a
> > dump of KDChart into their code repositories, updating now and then to
> > newer versions of KDChart. Which is anything but perfect.
> >
> > To improve things, after some talk with KDABians it was decided to create
> > KDE repo with a KDE-fied fork of KDChart, based on their latest Qt5ied
> > version. So all FLOSS Qt5-based projects have a single place to-go-to for
> > nice charting. Which would be centrally updated now and then. Still not
> > perfect, but an improvement over the current situation.
> > To meet the KDE repo requirements, KDAB has also extended the license to
> > GPLv2+ for this dump :)
> >
> > That repo is named "kdiagram" and has just been moved into "kdereview".
> > Final destination is "extragear/graphics", as other charting/diagram
> > software also is located there.
>
> Scripty says (not sure if correct or not, lupdate is sometimes a bit weird)

So seems lupdate complained over nested classes (e.g. A::Private) being
defined without the nesting class (A) being declared before, at least all the
complains where on lines after "class A::B".

For most of these cases I could see that nesting classes where not included
before. Just, in some cases they are. Seems lupdate has problems with the
macro used which declares the nested class in the nesting class
(KCHART_DECLARE_PRIVATE_BASE_POLYMORPHIC).

Pushed a commit fixing those cases where the include for the nesting class
would have been missing.

But not sure what to do about the rest. Replacing the preprocessor macro with
explicit code, just to make lupdate happy? Any other, better idea? (Fix
lupdate? well, out of my scope sadly)

Cheers
Friedrich