Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 11:13:14 GMT 2015

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 11:58:50AM +0100, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> As they completely revamped the change screen UI in 2.8, I do not
> think that this point is true, either.

It doesn't really seem revamped, mostly just fixing all the glitches, not
really changes in the basic assumptions about how it should work or the
behaviour?

Also adding much more to the already overloaded UI (IMHO). It would have been
nice to try to decrease the information overload (collapse/hide stuff by
default, for example). I'm not a UI designer, so I'm not exactly sure what
the best way to do this is, but there seems to be a lot of information that
isn't really necessary for most reviewers (commit hash, parent commit,
change-id, commit dates, age, topic strategy, etc.).

--
Martin Sandsmark