Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 10:46:10 GMT 2015

On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 11:36:37 CEST, Martin Sandsmark wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:44:22PM -0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Many of your complaints about usability (threading, replies,
>> etc.) are solved
>> or at least partially addressed in the new Gerrit UI, which
>> versions like 2.7
>> have. It might not be the default on the installation, so
>> check the settings
>> and try to turn it on.
>
> Do you know of any Gerrit installations that have this enabled?

Yes, the one we're testing in KDE is reasonably recent. It lives at
https://gerrit.vesnicky.cesnet.cz/ , and it uses the new change screen by
default.

On other Gerrit servers >= 2.8, you can go to (your name at upper right) ->
Settings -> Preferences -> Change view (second option from the bottom) and
select "New screen".

> We use Gerrit (2.7) at work, and the UI is still pretty horrible,

The new change screen only got added in 2.8, and 2.7 doesn't have it.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/