Policy regarding QtWebKit and QtScript

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Tue Dec 22 23:28:51 GMT 2015

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>
wrote:

> Shouldn't it be the other way around? Workable solution first and drop the
> old
> one later?

That's exactly what people said when plans to drop QtWebKit and QtScript
were first announced.

As people provided specific examples of common features that would be
broken, the deprecation was delayed by 6 months (maybe 12, I cannot really
remember and time flies).

We are now at the second deprecation announcement, and this time it seems
it's for real. Most features people requested were added to
QJSEngine/QWebEngine (not necessarily with an easy or optimal migration
path).

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org