Change to Mail Infrastructure - SPF and DKIM verification will now be enforced

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Dec 9 09:40:49 GMT 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 5:00 AM, Jan Kundrát <jkt at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, 4 December 2015 10:56:42 CET, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>>
>> To be specific I will be enabling the following line:
>>
>> On-BadSignature         tempfail
>>
>> within the configuration of OpenDKIM on our servers.
>

> Thanks, but that's not a full answer. What is the proposed content of the
> following DNS records?
>
> 1) TXT, kde.org (for the final SPF policy)
> 2) TXT, _dmarc.kde.org (for *our* DMARC policy, which is an extremely
> important piece of missing information)
> 3) TXT, default._domainkey.kde.org (and others which you intend to use)

This whole thread is about INBOUND email - so it is a full answer.

Doesn't have anything to do with outbound, which is remaining unchanged.
None of those records will be changed from their current values (which
in the case of DMARC is nothing)

At some point in the future we may change them, but not at this time.

> Cheers,
> Jan

Regards,
Ben