Why is C90 enforced in KDE?

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 16:34:51 GMT 2015

> We have (had?) a policy that flex/yacc generated source files should be part of the repo.
> do not make everyone run flex/yacc when building.

I disagree with this. It has happened to me more than once that I
modify a flex file, regenerate it, and find it has been broken for
*years* due to incompatibilities with newer flex versions and nobody
noticed. Or I forget to regenerate it.

Should we put .mo files in the SVN translation directories so that
people don't need msgfmt? Should we put .moc files in git?
kdevelop-pg-qt generated parsers? Code made from .ui files? Code made
by kconfig_compiler from .kcfg files? kapptemplate tarballs?

If it was up to me, there wouldn't even be .png icons in git version
control, they would be generated from their .svg files at compile
time.

--
Nicolás