Using nullptr instead of Q_NULLPTR

Lamarque Souza lamarque at kde.org
Thu Aug 13 12:43:09 BST 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:59 AM, Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:

> >> I prefer the first option, it's the way forward and if someone was using
> >
> > I'd say that requiring a newer gcc just like that would go against the
> > nature of the KF5 project.
>
> I don't really see why it is "against the nature of KF5". It would not
> be the first time we require a higher compiler version than the one
> required by the Qt version we require.
>
> Qt 5.5 requires gcc 4.8 for linux and windows. So even they increment
> the versions from time to time.
>
> We can switch everything to Q_NULLPTR even without anyone complaining
> about it, but we will have to switch back in a few releases.
>
> Cheerio,
> Ivan

Qt 5.1 is still officially supported [1] and its minimum requirement is gcc
4.6.1 on Linux platform, 4.4.1 on Arm and 4.2 on OS X (?!). Qt 5.5 can be
compiled with gcc 4.6.3 according to [1], so bumping the requirement to
4.6.1 seems reasonable.

[1] http://doc.qt.io/QtSupportedPlatforms/

Lamarque V. Souza

http://planetkde.org/pt-br