RFC: KDE Bugzilla Bugs Expiration

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Aug 10 22:37:09 BST 2015

On Monday 03 August 2015 19:36:30 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> wrote:
> > I'm filtering out all kdepim bug reports (yeah, I could just
> > unsubscribe from the list). I'll certainly filter out the nag mails
> > as well.
> >
> > If I was still interested in the bug reports then I'd prefer to
> > create my own workflow for handling them without being annoyed by
> > some robot that doesn't no anything about how I work.
>
> Note that behaviour such as the above (aggressive filtering) is one of
> the reasons Sysadmin moved away from using Bugzilla for our task
> tracking - because our replies effectively got ignored until we
> pestered developers via IRC or private email.
>
> Such filters are extremely disrespectful to the community at large
> (including users and all other contributors) and should not be used as
> they simply result in important issues being completely neglected.

I haven't been active in KDE development (as in writing or committing or
reviewing code) for almost 10 years (with a few exceptions during some
sprints). Before that I have burned myself reading each and every KMail
bug report and fixing many of them for a few years. I don't think I'm
behaving disrespectful to anybody by filtering out bug reports.

Anyway, I have now unsubscribed from the kdepim-bugs mailing list. I
should have done this years ago, but I guess I still hoped that I would
become more active again someday.

Regards,
Ingo