Replacement for KDateTime

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Aug 4 03:03:43 BST 2015

On Monday 03 August 2015 21:57:36 John Layt wrote:
> The problem actually is that Plasma is not considered a system
> platform by QLocale, it doesn't go looking for what Plasma wants, it
> just uses the underlying GNU/Linux system settings. Convince Qt to
> hard-code in a lookup of some Plasma config file with user overrides
> to be applied whenever Qt apps run under Plasma and then you can get
> what you need. I had plans somewhere for how that would work, and how
> we could also make Gtk apps use our settings too by manipulating the
> LC_* settings.

That's not going to happen.

The only solution I'm going to accept is one that also applies to /bin/ls.

So far, the idea of setting LC_TIME to a file containing the rules is the only
solution I've seen to accomplish that.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358