Replacement for KDateTime

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:03:25 BST 2015

On Montag, 3. August 2015 19:09:17 CEST, Martin Klapetek wrote:

> Setting different LC_TIME values proven to not be feasible, because
> very often users want "just" 24h clock format _and_ their locale's
> date format. Or some date format and their locale's time format.

Disclaimer: I may talk nonsense.

What about exporting LC_TIME=KDE and have a ~/.local/share/i18n/locales/KDE which can be configured from the locale kcm.

This way *all* applications (including even mc ;-) would follow the pattern the user configures there. (Except the KDE SC4 applications, but we could probably write the legacy config for them)

The major pitfall (what I don't know how to do) is:
"how to get userpath locale definitions recognized"?

Cheers,
Thomas