branchGroup stable-qt4 Compile failures. Need dev assistance please.

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 30 23:56:26 BST 2015

Hi Scarlett,

Am Mittwoch, 29. April 2015, 23:26:14 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Am Dienstag, 21. April 2015, 13:45:06 schrieb Scarlett Clark:
> > I know this is an external depend, but I have no experience with it.
> > Can maybe a calligra dev take a look, as they need it.
> > VC
> > https://build-sandbox.kde.org/job/vc%20master%20stable-qt4/PLATFORM=Linux,
> > co mpiler=gcc/2/console
>
> Please build only the 0.7.4 release of vc, tagged with "0.7.4". So not
> "master" or anything else. That would be for any builds of vc, in any group
> (vc does not use qt anyway). AFAIK only Calligra uses vc right now, and in
> all branches Calligra needs vc 0.7(.4).

See you changed that meanwhile, looks good WRT vc (and also the Calligra
master build), thanks :)

But then there is still the following bummer:

> > With that said:
> > Calligra: (probably vc)
> > https://build-sandbox.kde.org/view/branchGroup%20stable-qt4/job/calligra%2
> > 0c alligra-2.9%20stable-qt4/10/
>
> Yes, given so far no vc build completed, this seems to fail when trying to
> get a built version of vc. Should work better once there is one :)
>
> Though there seems also another problem: commits to the "calligra/2.9"
> branch are not triggering any builds of the qt4 stable build:
> https://build.kde.org/view/branchGroup%20stable-qt4/job/calligra%20calligra-> 2.9%20stable-qt4/
>
> That was not a problem in the old CI, but so far noone can tell what is
> wrong now. Commits to the "frameworks" and "master" branches seem to
> properly trigger builds of the respective build setups. Perhaps you might
> have an idea?

Anything where we could help with to solve this? The calligra/2.9 branch is
actually the hot branch these weeks still, main work is done there (especially
the awesome Krita one), so not having CI as a reference up and working for
this branch is a loss at the moment :) (see, CI is important to us :) so we
appreciate your work even more)

Cheers
Friedrich