libkface

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 06:44:52 BST 2014

> Hey Tobias
>
> Some comments about the code -
>
> 1. The code seems to be licensed under GPL. In order to make it into a
> framework, it will need to be re-licensed. This library seems like an ideal
> candidate for becoming a framework.

libkface have been writted in same way than libkipi, libkexiv2, and
libkdcraw, already in KDEGraphics.

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/libs/libkipi
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/libs/libkexiv2
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/libs/libkdcraw

> 2. The copyright header seems to say "Part of the Digikam Project". You may
> want to change that.

Idem here. libkface follow exactly the same way than libkipi,
libkexiv2, libkdcraw.

> 3. There is an empty TODO file

yes, this need to be filled.

> 4. The coding style uses seems a little unorthdox. Could you perhaps add a
> link to where one can know what style is being followed? Maybe this could go
> in the README file.

coding style follow instructions from digiKam project :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/HACKING

It's the same coding style that libkexiv2, libkipi, and libkdcraw.

> 5. Identity ABI - The Identity class seems to be missing a d pointer.

yes, this need to be fixed. libkface ABI / API id need to be increased.

> 6. From what I understand, facial recognition is not particularly cheap.
> However, the APIs appear to be blocking. What is the correct way to use
> them? Spawn a new thread? Run under a QRunnable?

in digiKam, Face Recognition run in separated threads through QThread.

Best

Gilles Caulier