Review Request 120363: proposal to use the NOGUI switch in CMake files to set the default value for GUIenabled

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Sep 26 06:01:17 BST 2014

On Thursday 25 September 2014 22:32:35 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Ah, apparently Thiago missed the multiple recent reminders of the fact that
> we OS X users are going to be "stuck" in/with KDE4 for a tad longer than
> the average Linux user (Debian apart, maybe? ;)) Anyway, I guess I'm going
> to have to look again at how exactly `GUIenabled=false` leads to the
> qt_menu.nib not being loaded in Qt ...

Note that you're applying the change to X11 too and that will have an impact,
but limited lifetime. If the problem is Mac only, then maybe apply the
solution to Mac only too.

And still it needs to be studied for Qt5, unless the plan is to never
transition to Qt 5 (which means KDE-on-Mac will stop compiling within 2
years).
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358