KF5 tab style issues

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:34:11 BST 2014

On Montag, 15. September 2014 22:42:03 CEST, Michal Humpula wrote:
> I've encountered strange issue with the style of kf5 kdevelop tabs.
> Specifically the close button takes more space then anything
> else. It seems to
> be drawn by QCommonStyle class, which is inherited by KStyle.

If it's the stock item (iirc kdevelop had a lot of handcrafted GUI stuff), this is controlled by
QStyle::PM_TabCloseIndicatorWidth
QStyle::PM_TabCloseIndicatorHeight

the QCommonStyle implementation returns (dpi adjusted) 16px - actual styles may of course re-implement this.

> * QCommonStyle because it draws that big close button, or
No. QCommonStyle is no final style (plus the value seems reasonable)

> * KStyle because it does not override close button by itself, or
No. KStyle is no final style.

> * my specific style/setup combo, which I'm not sure what it is because Qt5
> seems to choosing proper style magically by itself?
-> Just upload a screenshot somewhere ;-)

You can also control the Qt5 style by eg.
QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=fusion

Cheers,
Thomas