Moving repositories in the module structure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Oct 4 08:24:10 BST 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

>> > My apologies, I shouldn't have rushed into doing such moves and send
>> > e-mails to all the interested parties.
>> >
>> > If someone considers it appropriate, I can roll some of the changes
>> > back.

I don't think it is necessary to revert the changes at the moment.

>> Maybe you should explain the changes so people is aware of them :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Albert
>>
>> > Aleix
>>

> Changes:
> - kde-gtk-config was moved from extragear/base to kde/workspace.
> - muon was moved from extragear/sysadmin to kde/workspace.
>
> That is, only projects.kde.org structure change.
>
> The reasoning is that this way they will be released together with Plasma
> Workspace. As they've been used they don't really make sense outside Plasma
> (especially the first) and we want to make sure that distros know these
> components are designed to work together with Plasma.
>
> I didn't notify kde-core-devel because it didn't occur to me that the
> community would have an opinion regarding whether it's me who releases the
> packages or Jonathan (who has been doing the Plasma packages).

Who is doing the releasing doesn't matter as such. It is the move in
location which matters here - various parts of our infrastructure rely
on these locations. Translations for instance.

Also, while this was only a Extragear to semi-SC module called
kde/workspace move, such moves still probably need announcement so
those interesting in reviewing the code, etc. can do so.

> Cheers!
> Aleix

Thanks,
Ben