Review Request for KDecoration

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Nov 28 13:16:38 GMT 2014

On Friday 28 November 2014 13:53:07 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Friday, November 28, 2014 12:00:43 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > > Given that you call it "fundamental", I suggest to allow qreal here.
> > > A "millimeter" is really small, and if you only allow integer values,
> > > the precision might be too coarse.
> >
> > The documentation is copied from Plasma. I don't know anything about high
> > DPI,  so maybe sebas can answer that.
>
> Context? :)

the context is High-DPI in particular the gridUnit which I also introduced in
KDecoration2 with exactly the same documentation. Verbatim quote:
    /**
     * The fundamental unit of space that should be used for sizes, expressed
in pixels.
     * Given the screen has an accurate DPI settings, it corresponds to a
millimeter
     */
    Q_PROPERTY(int gridUnit READ gridUnit NOTIFY gridUnitChanged)

Cheers
Martin