KDE-CI IRC meeting - Your possible KDE contributions in non-C++

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Sat Nov 22 20:15:01 GMT 2014

[Disclaimer: this email is sent to kde-devel, kde-core-devel and kde-
frameworks-devel. Please just answer to kde-devel!]

Morning ladies and gentlemen

Oh and please scratch the "please" above ;-). This email is about another
possibility to contribute to KDE. It's about taking work off Ben's shoulders
and about fixing the bus factor for our great CI (Continuous Integration) [1]
system: http://build.kde.org

I'd like to start a series of weekly or bi-weekly (to be decided) IRC meetings
to coordinate the work to understand, change and enhance our CI system and
therefore we need a first date. So if you're interested please add yourself to
this Doodle (think about different timezones!):
http://doodle.com/i5f4pppb2sq6u5ee

Prospective agenda for the IRC meeting:
- Ben: Short introduction to KDE CI
- Everybody: Short introduction incl. their skills and wishes for KDE CI
- Ben: What needs to be changed
- Everybody: Work on a roadmap and distribute work till next meeting
- Everybody: Determine date for the next IRC meeting

This is your chance to help KDE to enhance the code quality and spread to even
more platforms and thus bring our great software to even more computers and
people.

[1] https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Continuous_Integration

Best regards
Mario