desktoptojson and list properties / i18n of JSON files

Sebastian Kügler sebasje at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:58:13 GMT 2014

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 18:46:28 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Looks to me like translations are not supported via json files.
>
> Please check the above. Anyhow, imo it should be our goal to get this
> supported. In the ideal scenario, a plugin would be just a .so installed
> into  the right directory. No .desktop, no sycoca cache.

That's exactly the idea.

The json metadata baked into the plugin should have all necessary information,
in the right form (so also the list properties Milian started this thread
about) and be translatable .

This ultimately allows us to get rid of installing desktop files, and plugins
just become one single file (the .so file), instead of an .so file and a
.desktop file in two different places.

> So again, what is necessary to get this done?

A translation expert / i18n dude should be able to answer this, I know too
little about translations. :/

Cheers,
--
sebas