autostart confusion

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Fri Nov 7 21:47:17 GMT 2014

Thomas,

Yep, I see what $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/autostart/*.desktop is for, my only
question is that if there are non .desktop files in there too, we are
showing them in the autostart kcm, yet we aren't autostarting them :)
I really need to get the kcm patch ready for review, not showing those
scripts and documenting on userbase that startup scripts to be ran
before go into .config/plasma-workspace/env/ and anything to run after
needs to have a .desktop file in .config/autostart/ fixes all problems
from what I see.

BR,
Jeremy