autostart confusion

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Fri Nov 7 20:28:15 GMT 2014

Ok, from a bit more testing yesterday evening it seems all scripts put
into ~/.config/plasma-workspace/env/ work fine for startup, and in
~/.config/plasma-workspace/shutdown/ for shutdown. These are correctly
shown in the kcm and are sourced at startup and shutdown. With that
solution there's probably no need for ~/.config/ksmserver-autostart or
whatnot. The way I see it this should be documented well, and the kcm
needs to be adjusted to not show scripts from ~/.config/autostart
since kinit wont be starting those.