Moving plasma-nm to extragear

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri May 30 15:23:06 BST 2014

On Friday, May 30, 2014 10:31:37 Lamarque Souza wrote:
> I agree that Plasma NM should go to kde/workspace. In the past the only
> thing that prevented that was the fact that we needed to change
> translatable strings from time to time, which obviously does not comply
> with the string freeze. Now that kde/workspace is released more often that
> should not be a problem anymore. We just wait until the next release cycle
> to change strings.

Note that we have not talked about a release schedule for plasma so far, that
would only make sense once the discussions around the frameworks scheduling
have concluded.

Otherwise, I agree, plasma-nm is essential and should be part of kde-
workspace, and also release together with it (at least, intermediate releases
might be possible and make sense, but that would need some further
discussion).

Cheers,
--
sebas