Is kpovmodeler still valid or should it be removed

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Mar 10 11:36:59 GMT 2014

Am Samstag, 8. März 2014, 22:11:11 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
> One of our translators mentioned kpovmodeler in extragear-graphics. It seems
> this package still requires KDE3 stuff and the last development has been
> done 5 years ago. It also is hardly usable anymore because it calls an
> external program, povray, which apparently needs another set of parameters
> to function properly.

You are right kpovmodeler development in kde svn seems to be dead and it does
not build here, but there is apparently some development outside kde repos,
see http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=90952&start=15
According to the forum thread there are still users who would like to work
with kpovmodeler.

> Hence my question: should it be moved to unmaintained?

extragear/graphics has more candidates for this question:

kuickshow:
no development since > 4 years
needs an old no longer available library imlib1 to build
no deb packages provided

kgrab
no development since many years
builds and works for me, but apparently it has minor functionality compared to
ksnapshot, so I fail to see a need for this application

kfax
no development since many years
builds and works for me with the example fax in the code
no deb packages provided
Are there still any users of this application?

My conclusion:
applications which can not be build since a long time should not be in
extragear, therefore kuickshow should go to unmaintained and kpovmodeler tp
playground, if some wants to develop it otherwise to unmaintained as well

kgrab should go to unmaintained

I am not sure what to do with kfax

--
Burkhard Lück