What to test for 4.13?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 10 10:34:40 GMT 2014

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014, GEO wrote:

> On Friday 07 March 2014 20:17:16 Christoph Feck wrote:
>> In other words, let us ask the "are we there yet?" question again for
>> KDEPIM, and invite users to report thing that still might need to be
>> addressed.
>
> If you ask me, KDEPIM offers a stable experience since 4.11 (Using it since
> 4.11 and everything just works for me, but I am just using it for Mails).

Well, I have to use kmail since I cannot figure out a way to migrate my
mail archive to something else, but happy I am not. Over the past months,
I have experienced:

* content of mails getting deleted, seemingly randomly. It often happens
that a whole bunch of mails turn out to be empty when looking for some old
mail
* filters going haywire: suddenly _everything_ is filtered into the spam
folder
* kmail suddenly shows zero folders, fortunately restarting kmail and
akonadi fixes that.
* all folders are suddenly shown red, same remedy
* the content of a mail isn't shown, same remedy...
* the conflict resolution dialog pops up a dozen times in a row

The first two issues have bug reports btw, I'm not sure what the current
status is.

Boud