KDE Review - Moving Artikulate to KDE Edu

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 26 15:39:08 GMT 2014

El Dimarts, 14 de gener de 2014, a les 19:52:57, Albert Astals Cid va
escriure:
> El Dimarts, 14 de gener de 2014, a les 09:18:10, Andreas Cord-Landwehr va
>
> escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I think you should work on getting kqmlgraphplugin released first,
> > > depending on something unreleased scares me a bit.
> >
> > Just talked to Sebastian (maintainer of the plugin) and he will do a
> > technical preview release of the plugin soon. BTW this code already exists
> > in KTouch for quite some time and now is only split into a self-contained
> > plugin.
> >
> > > After compiling and installing kqmlgraphplugin and artikulate i got
> > >
> > > artikulate(10361) LearnerProfile::Storage::database: Database path:
> > > "/home/kdeunstable/.kde/share/apps/artikulate/learnerdata.db"
> > > artikulate(10361)
> > > LearnerProfile::ProfileManagerPrivate::ProfileManagerPrivate: No last
> > > active profile found, falling back to first found profile
> > > artikulate(10361): There is no subdirectory "skeletons" in directory
> > > "."
> > > cannot load skeletons.
> > > artikulate(10361): There is no subdirectory "courses" in directory  "."
> > > cannot load courses.
> > >
> > > When running it and no window at all.
> >
> > As discussed on IRC, the program starts now (was access problem to the
> > sound card making Phonon to wait infinitely.)
> > Are the course downloads working now or do you still have a problem with
> > the KNS dialog? (if not, we should move that discussion to a bug report
> > probably)
>
> Yeah my system is a bit broken, i'll try to test it again today or tomorrow
> and will come back with more info.

So I did have a look at Artikulate yesterday and just found some minor nagging
user flow issues that I told Andreas and he says he would be fixing.

Other than that, looks good to me to move to kdeedu *but* we need to decide
what to do with kqmlgraphplugin first, since we can't have a kdeedu app
depending on a playground lib.

Cheers,
  Albert