Moving Baloo and Baloo-widgets into KDE SC

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue Jan 21 15:01:26 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 21 January 2014 12:34:52 Todd wrote:

> From what I read on the baloo page, it seems likes baloo accesses various
> databases.  If that is the case, instead of a bridge that copies metadata
> back and forth like in nepomuk, would it be possible for programs like
> Digikam and Amarok to allow baloo to access their databases directly?

Theoretically, yes.

In terms of "searching" this would be very simple to do. Anyone can provide a
search plugin which provides searching over different types. We currently have
the following search plugins -

* File
* Emails
* Contacts

I'm going to be adding some more for "Events/Calendar" entries.

In term of actually fetching / saving metadata, it should be possible. I just
haven't figured out how.

--
Vishesh Handa