Qt 5.3 to log all debug/warning/error messages to journald on systemd systems

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jan 20 22:40:17 GMT 2014

See subject. We're trying to decide whether we should enable journald by
default on Linux distributions that carry it. If we do, it means any
application that is not launched from a terminal would automatically write to
journald instead.

KDE applications are the largest users of qDebug today.

If we changed the default, it would mean ~/.xsession-errors would probably
become rather empty. Is that ok for KDE?

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358