Moving Baloo forward

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Jan 20 22:35:31 GMT 2014

On Friday 17 January 2014 01:47:17 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Thus my suggestion is that after we get the wiki done and we explain
> clearly  the situation as Thomas Lübking suggested (i.e. if you really
> really really really need what Nepomuk provides and can't accept a single
> regression in that field, do not upgrade), we go ahead with moving to Baloo
> instead of Nepomuk.

I'm concerned about the portability aspect of Baloo. It seems to rely heavily
on certain API (fgetxattr) while not testing for the availability of that API.

>From a "let's see if this stuff can build" perspective it'd be nice if it gave
a (better) hint about missing xapian, along the lines of what most KDE modules
do when a required dependency is missing (is that
macro_log_optional_feature?).

Some files still have the boilerplate <one line to give ...> in the copyright
header, too.

[ade]