KDE Review: Moving Smb4K to extragear/network

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Jan 20 11:55:52 GMT 2014

Am Sonntag, 19. Januar 2014, 10:34:35 schrieb Alexander Reinholdt:
> [...]
>
> > Hmm, running smb4k in locale x-test with recent smb4k compiled from
> > sources
> > in master only the settings dialog for the smb4k plasmoid is translated,
> > but not the dialog opened with a left mouse button click on the smb4k
> > plasmoid icon. This dialog shows no "xx" around the gui strings.
> >
> > And like Albert I fail to see any code to load the translation catalog
> > smb4k in the plasmoid.
>
> I checked the the code and compared it with the tutorials on techbase. And I
> seem to have done everything necessary: All strings in the QML code are
> translatable and the strings are correctly extracted from the QML files as
> well. Could you please give me a hint, what's missing?

Sure, extraction to the translation catalog "smb4k" is correct, that was never
in question.

But your plasmoid tries to load the translation catalog "plasma_applet_smb4k-
qml", but this catalog does not exist, therefore the plasmoid gui is
untranslated.

The catalog name for the plasmoid is generated in kde-runtime/plasma/:

scriptengines/javascript/plasmoid/declarativeappletscript.cpp#90
KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalog("plasma_applet_" %
description().pluginName());

With plasmoid/package/metadata.desktop:32:X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name=smb4k-qml the
catalogname is "plasma_applet_smb4k-qml"

Adding a Messages.sh in smb4k/plasmoid/ with

#!/bin/bash
$XGETTEXT `find . -name \*.qml` -L Java -o $podir/plasma_applet_smb4k-qml.pot

makes the plasmoid gui translated, but e.g. the dialogs "Edit Bookmarks" +
"Mount Share" opened from the plasmoid are still untranslated, because the
messages for them are in smb4k.

@Albert: How to solve this dilemma?

--
Burkhard Lück