Why is kst in extragear without going through kdereview?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Jan 13 03:53:01 GMT 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Diumenge, 12 de gener de 2014, a les 15:47:40, Barth Netterfield va
> escriure:
>> On January 12, 2014 9:41:28 PM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> > El Diumenge, 12 de gener de 2014, a les 15:32:16, Barth Netterfield va
>> >
>> > escriure:

>> > I guess this is a sysadmin ticket which only you and sysadmins can't
>> > access
>> > so it doesn't really help much for the discussion :-)

Hi Albert,

> Ok, so from reading the log it seems sysadmin decided that since it was in
> extragear back in the day it could still go there without review.
>
> I think i disagree, but not sure we have a rule there. Opinions?

My apologies for the problem. I allowed it to enter extragear directly
as I was under the misunderstanding that it's time outside of KDE
repositories had been very short (more of a temporary change rather
than a permanent one) - so the code itself was still in effect fully
reviewed.

Unfortunately it appears I was incorrect, and the KST-Plot codebase
had diverged from what was expected.

> Anyway what's done is done now and noone was hurt either go noone get sad :-)
>
> Only thing is that if it had went through review we would have found the
> missing things (like l10n not being ready) at the proper review stage and not
> with translators complaining because stuff in extragear is not good enough.

Sorry for the problems - I didn't expect that to happen.

> For those in these channel that still care about reviewing new stuff to make
> sure it complies to our stabilished practices, know that kst-plot is new and
> should be reviewed.

Should KST-Plot be sent to KDE Review, or is a call for review
sufficient in this case?

> Cheers all :-)
>
> Albert

Thanks,