KClasses vs. Qt5Classes

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Jan 6 11:14:22 GMT 2014

Le mardi 31 décembre 2013 12:42:22 Martin Graesslin a écrit :
> On Tuesday 31 December 2013 12:15:09 David Faure wrote:
> > > QSystemTrayIcon => KNotificationItem
> >
> > No clue. I can't even find KNotificationItem in KF5 anywhere.... !?!?
> > In fact it doesn't exist in kdelibs4 either.
> >
> > I think it got replaced with KStatusNotifierItem since 4.4 ?
> > That one is still valid in KF5 (framework "knotifications").
> > I have no idea if/why it means QSystemTrayIcon is bad though.
>
> QSystemTrayIcon uses XEmbed which is bad by definition ;-)
>
> We have discussed this in the plasma team and think that the best solution
> would be to extend QSystemTrayIcon to use the status notifier API if
> available. Might need some hooks into the QPA as we probably cannot depend
> on D-Bus on that level. But as that doesn't exist yet, at the moment the
> proper suggestion should be to use KStatusNotifierItem.

For what it's worth, I created something like that for Qt4 while I was at
Canonical: sni-qt [1].

It requires a Qt patch though. The patch is in the sni-qt tarball (and here
[2])

Aurélien

[1]: https://launchpad.net/sni-qt
[2]: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~indicator-applet-developers/sni-qt/trunk.13.04/view/head:/patches/qsystemtrayicon-plugin-system-4.7.4.diff