Lokalization for KDE AppStream AppData files

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Feb 25 23:14:46 GMT 2014

On Tuesday, 2014-02-25, 23:20:18, Matthias Klumpp wrote:

> > Recap:
> > the desired action is to have
> >
> > file.xml
> > -------------------------
> >
> > and turn that into
> >
> > file.xml
> > -------------------------
>
> No, it takes
> and turns that into

That looks fine.
Basically like for .desktop files, which also adds the translated entries
after the source entry.

> Given that Fedora wants to kick out all apps without AppData from
> their software center, that might be a relevant issue ;-)

My understanding was that this only impacts the GNOME software thingy.
It is not a general rule all package manager frontends on Fedora have to
follow. But I could have misunderstood something.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring