Lokalization for KDE AppStream AppData files

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Feb 25 19:38:45 GMT 2014

On Tuesday, 2014-02-25, 20:32:49, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dimarts, 25 de febrer de 2014, a les 20:24:12, Kevin Krammer va escriure:
> > On Tuesday, 2014-02-25, 20:16:57, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > El Dimarts, 25 de febrer de 2014, a les 15:13:07, Matthias Klumpp va
> >
> > escriure:
> > >
> > > And then people will go and edit the english version in .appdata.xml and
> > > the translations will get out of sync.
> >
> > script/theothertool could probably add an XML comment, something like
> > "this
> > is a generate file, do not edit, edit source file xyz instead".
>
> It could, as well as it could work on a single file, but does it do that?

No idea, but prepending a comment sounds easy compared to the other thing :)

And the workflow of both intltool and itstool suggest that they always
consider their output to be fully generated and not editable so they should
really have the option of writing such a warning.
Just like UIC does or MOC.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring