Lokalization for KDE AppStream AppData files

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 15:15:29 GMT 2014

Notice that I don't care much about i18n at all (so i don't intend nor could argue), just curious:

On Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014 15:13:07 CEST, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Hi again!
> I talked to some people, and it looks like merging the translation
> back into one file using existing tools is not possible.

From what i understood the issue is that intltool needs a _prefixed tag to separate translatable from untranslatable elements.
Would not <p lang="x"> (assuming x to be some invalid lang ID - i do not care about i18n...) be sufficient in that regard?
Is intltool really incapable of selecting a specialized lang as translation source?

Cheers,
Thomas