KDM + ConsoleKit + Logind

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Mon Feb 17 10:51:33 GMT 2014

Ahoys

I was looking for some input on KDM+CK in a Logind world. When a
system is using Logind I guess KDM+CK doesn't do much useful, so the
question arose whether distributions with such a lineup should build
without CK support. In short:

If the rest of the system uses Logind, should KDM be built without CK support?

Would building without CK support reduce user functionality, and if so
aren't we then essentially requiring distributions that use KDM to
continue using CK until Plasma Next comes along? (we are not
communicating this very if this is the case).

TIA

HS